What's a "Baby Classic" you ask? It's a mega-hit that has just recently been birthed into "classic hits" status (a.k.a. 25+ years old!)
This song was #1 on Billboard Chart Pop 100 and turns 25 years old this week! Spank that baby classic's behind and say "Welcome to this 'Ordinary World', Duran Duran... you've had a Baby Classic!
The week's BABY CLASSIC is:
Duran Duran, "Ordinary World" (1993)
This song first reached #1 on Billboard's Pop 100 list on February 13th and was there for 2 weeks. "Ordinary World" was then bumped by "A Whole New World" from the Aladdin soundtrack for one week. Don't cry for yesterday though.... it resumed the top spot again on March 6th and stayed king for another 5 weeks.
Other things that happened 25 years ago this week (1993):
- Pop Culture: This week, 25 years ago, actor Brandon Lee died on the set of "The Crow".
- Sports: the average ticket to a Major League Baseball game was $9.73
- Weddings: Larry David (45) married environmental activist Laurie Lennard (35) on March 31,1993 (marriage ended in 2007)
TIME Magazine Topics:
- Russian President in the headlines
- Wounding the Gun Lobby: A populist backlash against random violence and the small-arms race nicks the once bulletproof NRA
- Presidential Power Plays: Clinton pushes his economic plan through the Supreme Court
- Healthcare Reform: The Administration gives some major hints on its health-care reform plans
- Peek inside this TIME Magazine issue (click here to read more)
These headlines make you wonder if 25 years have really passed???
Have a great day! - Meredith Michaels