Friday February 23rd - Sunday Feb 25th
- Rubonia Mardi Gras: Saturday, Feb 24, Noon - 6 p.m. Bayshore Road and Rubonia Community Center, 1309 72nd St. E., Palmetto. Parade, live music, food for purchase. (Seafood, Jamaican, Haitian cuisine)
- 30th Annual Venice Italian Feast and Carnival: Multi-day feast with midway rides, live music and massive menu. Friday starts at 4 p.m. Saturday & Sunday starts at noon. Saturday, Fireworks 10 p.m. Venice Airport Festival Grounds. Admission is FREE, parking $6.
- Siesta Key Craft Festival: Saturday & Sunday, Feb 24-25, 10 a.m - 5 p.m. Ocean Blvd., Siesta Key. Free Admission. More info click here
- Major League Baseball Spring Training 2018:
- Circus Sarasota: "Ovation" - Now through Sunday, March 4th under the Big Top at Nathan Benderson Park (behind UTC Mall). $12-$44; Buy tickets here.
- McCurdy's Comedy Theatre: Tracy Smith, 1923 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota, FL. Ticket info here.
- OsFest Reggae Block Party: Saturday, Feb 24, Reggae Music Block Party Downtown Sarasota. Lemon Ave and Main Street right in front of the Gator Club. $5 suggested donation, info here.
- Beertopia: Annual Fundraiser, Saturday Feb 24. Proceeds benefit the Vision Foundation’. Craft beers from around the world, delicious cuisine, an impressive selection of silent auction and raffle items, and a live performance by Kettle of Fish. Gold Coat Eagle Distributing; 7051 Wireless Court, Lakewood Ranch. $50; click here.